Youtube To Zune In 60 Seconds
This article with show you an easy technique to bring Youtube to Zune without spending any money and without having to install any third-party software.
I love Youtube.
If you can think of something, you'll find a video for it at Youtube. I particularly like it for music videos.
The Zune Marketplace is a great place for music videos. But even though I have a Zune pass, it does not extend to music videos. Not cool.
My solution? Youtube!
But there is a small problem. A video from Youtube will not play on my Zune since it is in flash video format (.flv). The Zune only recognizes WMV and MP4 (MPEG-4 or H.264) formats.
So all you have to do is convert flv to Zune format and now you've opened the wide world of Youtube videos to your Zune.
You can buy many great programs which will convert flash to Zune format. But they cost money. You can accomplish this without having to pay a cent.
Isn't FREE the best four letter word?
Note: You will have to download a third-party program to help you with this task. But you won't have to actually install it. No need to worry about what crap it added to your computer.
Before we get started, go ahead and download this Free Zune Video Converter.
Extract the zip archive to someplace on your computer. You do not need to install anything.
Now we are ready to get started going from Youtube to Zune. Ready? On your mark, get set, GO!
- Visit Youtube.
- Search for a video you want to download.
- Click on a video in the search results.
- Copy the URL of the video. It should look something like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5-9vIZyvTw
- Open up this website.
- Paste the URL in the box that says URL to video and click the get started button.
- You'll see this screen. Click the Download button to start downloading your Youtube video.
Save the .flv file to some location on your computer.
Tip: Many files downloaded from Youtube will have a generic name like video.flv. It's a good idea to rename it to something that makes sense to you.
- Now open up the free Zune video converter by double clicking on ZuneConverter.exe which you downloaded earlier.
- Click Run on the security warning dialog box. It is safe to run this program.
- Click Add Files and select the .flv file you just downloaded from Youtube.
For output format select the MP4(H.264/AAC) - video & audio option.
Note: You can also select MP4(MPEG-4/AAC) - video & audio. I like the H.264 option instead because the file is smaller. This means it takes up less space on my Zune and it syncs a little faster too.
Note 2: Don't use any of the WMV formats. Technically these should work, however in my testing they would not sync to my Zune saying that the file was corrupt. The file was not corrupt since the Zune Software was able to play it just fine. I also tried a WMV file converted using another program and got the same result. But it's not important since the H.264 format is better for the reasons I list above.
- Click Convert and wait for the conversion to finish.
- Now copy the .mp4 file to your Videos folder so that the Zune Software can recognize it.
- Right click on the video in your Zune Software and sync it to your Zune. Of course, your Zune must be connected to your computer before you can do this.
- Sit back, relax and watch your new video on your Zune! Congratulate yourself for a job well done!
There you have it! Youtube to Zune in 60 seconds.
Ok, maybe that was more than 60 seconds. But at least it was free!
Return from Youtube To Zune In 60 Seconds to Zune Hacks For Non-Hackers
Return from Youtube To Zune In 60 Seconds to World Of Zune